Champions!

I know it’s not all about the winning and that we should promote the idea that to participate is the real goal (which we do), but it’s great to see the beaming smiles on the faces of the students when we win. Last week we took part in a sports carnival against several other teams in soccer, modcross, netball and Aussie rules football. It was an amazing day (thanks to our legendary Phys. Ed. specialist Mr Jones) and we managed to come away with most of the trophies on offer. The Aussie rules team were successful, as were the modcross team, whereas the netball teams came a solid second and the boys’ soccer team had some very impressive wins. However, the team that I was in charge of, the girls’ soccer team, won the coveted trophy. This was a trophy that our school has never won, but we knew following our practise games (a previous post) that we were in very good shape. The girls were magnificent, winning 5 out of their 6 games, but what stood out for me was their team spirit, their sense of fair play and their desire to run themselves into the ground, draining their last drops of energy to make sure they gave their best.

It was a great moment when the girls were called up to receive the trophy and I can say that I was absolutely proud of each and every one of them.

The Champions!

The Champions!