Claymation

The students have, over the past few weeks, been working with plasticine and technology in order to create claymation movies. The whole process is a very slow one, but the general feel is one of patience and a desire to produce something very worthwhile. In fact, for the first two weeks the students didn’t even get their hands on the plasticine, they instead had to write a storyline and create a storyboard for their movie. The story had to be “do-able” within the timeframe, make sense and not be full of blood, guts and chainsaws! As they were being marked on their plans, the students had to make sure their efforts were their best with clear images and notes. Following this process the characters had to be made from the plasticine before moving on to the filming. Many of the groups are nearly finished and are now in “post-production”, adding credits and music to their movies. Hopefully I’ll be able to post some soon, but here’s a couple of pictures to show what I mean.

Filming

Filming

Evil Snowmen

Evil Snowmen

2 thoughts on “Claymation

1. Yes, the process is a slow one! Lucky for Sarah and I, we started filming last week – if we were still making figures, I think we could just die. I am hoping that filming won’t take as long – I think we will finish within the next lesson, although, we still have to make the music, voices and edit the filming!

2. Demi, remind me to give you some extra time this week.