Holiday Post

This week (and for the next few weeks) I’m enjoying a well-deserved (in my opinion) break in Europe. I’ve returned to my home town of Manchester in the UK and am spending time catching up with my family and taking nostalgic tours around all my old haunts. Whilst I’m in the UK the fabulous students from LA14 are in the excellent care of Mrs Vandebroek and continue to blog in the usual way.

Yesterday I had gruelling 18km walk around the hills and countryside of the Hope Valley (apparently the village where all “Hopes” originated). The scenery was incredible and the climb up and down the hills punishing, but the reward was the great photos you see below. I’m sure our amazing art teacher, Ms Svein will enjoy these (sorry there’s so many of them).

20 thoughts on “Holiday Post

1. Glad to hear you are enjoying your well deserved break?? The photos look fabulous. The countryside is very green and lush although there are some threatening clouds, as always in England. I hope you were wearing your pedometer when you walked those 18 kms. Is it the first time you have visited Hope Valley and if so how did you find out about your families connection to it?

2. Hi Mr Hope, I’m guessing your having a great time in England. A 18 km is a very long walk, especially up hills, you should be very very tired. These photos are really cool and I think I’v got some cool photos like that when I went to England (Well Leicester). It’s very nice catching up with family you haven’t seen for years, but a very terrible feeling when you leave. I hope you have a nice couple of weeks there and hope the weather is good for you.

-Kyza

3. Yes, having an awesome time! The country is totally lush and stunning, probably due to all the rain. I researched the Hope name and found out that people with this name originally came from the area called Hope. That sort of makes it my ancestral town; the little village is so stunning I could happily move back!

4. Wow, that is a big call considering you are an Aussie!

5. Hello Mr Hope! I hope you are having a great time. And you do deserve this break. I really love the photos you have taken. My mum was wondering what temperature it is where you are at the moment?

6. Kyza, yes, I’m having a great time; it’s fabulous catching up with family and old friends and visiting all the places I used to know. The 18km walk would have been hard enough on flat ground, but the hills were high and steep, in fact going down was as hard as going up, but it was well worth it!

7. Will, I’m having an awesome time visiting friends and family and seeing great places like the one in my photos. Tell you mum that the temperature is pretty much the same as in Australia at the moment, very typical for England, but it doesn’t feel so cold. We’re still able to enjoy the long, light evenings as it doesn’t get dark until around 10:30pm. I hope you enjoy your holidays.

8. Hey Mr Hope, I hope your having fun on your Holliday looks like fun I love the pictures. You deserve this break your a great teacher.

9. Hey Mr Hope,
    Hope you are doing well in England. When will you get back?
    My family and I are going to Ireland/England in the third term. Could you recommend some tourist attractions for us?

10. Hello Mr Hope
    I hope you are having a wonderful time in England. That 18km walk sounds terrible but the pictures are amazing. I love the one of the little cottage. It’s beautiful. I can’t wait to see your next post on your adventure. You really did earn that holiday. I like how the Hopes came from Hope Valley. Can’t wait til you get back.
    From Claire 🙂

11. I hope you are having a blast in England, I love the pictures they look so beautiful and look very natural. I have always wanted to visit England so I can see where my Nanna was born. Keep on having fun.

12. Mr Hope, it seems that you are having a great time in England, and the scenery is beautiful. The walk must of been fun except the 18 km that dosn’t sound so fun.
    P.s and to let you know the girls soccer team came second to Tapping with two points separating us
    – Samantha

13. Hi Mr Hope, I hope you are having a fun time in Manchester. I have never been there what is it like?
    Have fun

14. Hannah, I’m having a great time in Manchester, thank you. Manchester has many different areas to it, from beautiful countryside to industrial and historic centres. It’s a very old city, hundreds of years old, in fact. The population of Greater Manchester is more than the whole of Western Australia!

15. Samantha, that’s fabulous news about the soccer, you all did so well! I loved the walk and the scenery was beautiful, but my legs ached for a few days after.

16. Taylah, yes I am having a “blast”! England has many beautiful areas, more so than Australia (in my opinion) and that’s been one of the things I’ve missed about it, so I’m enjoying seeing it all again. It would be cool for you to visit where your nanna came from.

17. Claire, I’m having a wonderful time in England, thanks. The 18km walk was fabulous and I love that type of scenery. My legs did ache for a few days after, but it was well worth it. I’m trying to post, but it’s been so busy that I’m finding it hard to get the time – I’ll try though!

18. Mitchell, I’m loving my time in England, thank you. It’s been great catching up with friends and family and seeing some beautiful countryside. There are so many great places to visit; we’re going to the Cotswolds, Polperro, St Ives and Wales, just dome places to consider.

19. Elly, I’m having a fabulous time, thank you – but missing my class, of course. I’ll try to find a little more time and post more pictures.