Count Your Blessings

We are so lucky! I don’t mean to sound flippant about or dismissive of the turmoil which continues to envelop the world, but it happens to be true. Where do I start? Lockdowns of entire nations with populations existing in small social bubbles; businesses failing and families in such financial pain; countries reeling from inept and criminal leadership which threatens their very existence; droughts, conflicts and floods leaving humanitarian crises in their wakes. Yet, here we are. We sit here in beautiful Western Australia having had no community covid infection for 9 months, being allowed to travel within the state, socialise, shop and attend school with little or no hindrance. We are in our own massive bubble – and we are so, so lucky! The year ahead promises much but remains uncertain; I personally hope for great changes for LA14 and a year full of learning, joy and progress. Futures are, by definition, uncertain, but the present for us here in this stunning state is good and we must take a moment to think of others while we remember to count our numerous blessings. Here are a few photos of my own home town.