It’s All Over!

I remember it well. On the first day of my extended holiday (a whole five weeks) I had the feeling that it was gonna last forever, that it was going to be such a long holiday I couldn’t even begin to imagine it ever coming to an end. But how time flies! I really should know better, I’m old enough (and supposedly wise enough) to understand that nothing lasts forever – especially the good stuff. The key, I suppose, is to enjoy the moment and be thankful that we manage to get the good times at all; the world is full of people less fortunate than ourselves for whom the good times never seem to happen. Perhaps it is all over, but something equally exciting has just begun – I may have finished my holiday but I’ve started the final semester with my fabulous class and we have so many exciting things to look forward to over the rest of the year. Maybe the good stuff doesn’t stop after all, perhaps it just changes for other good stuff; like the saying goes, “When one door closes another one opens.”

I’ll leave this post with a few more photos from my holiday to Manchester and one from Manchester United’s visit to Perth.

Me and Ian Brown

United in Perth

A bee tribute to those lost in the Manchester Arena Bomb.