Easter Break

We were very lucky this year in having our Easter break outside the usual school holiday dates, giving us extra holidays. Whilst some of the students seem to have been busy having fun, my break has been happily uneventful. Apart from a little gardening (we have a verge clearance this week), I managed a brief visit to Jurien Bay and enjoyed a few meals out at local restaurants. I also added the final touches to a painting of my daughters. It was my first attempt at watercolours and I only used 2 colours, red and blue. Check out the pictures below.

Watercolour Painting

Watercolour Painting

Pier at Jurien Bay

Pier at Jurien Bay

Jurien Bay

Jurien Bay

4 thoughts on “Easter Break

1. Hi Chris Hope, it’s Robby from http://robbyonlinep.edublogs.org/ and wow your really powerful in water painting. I don’t even think I could make a face that looks exactly like a real person. And by the way, Happy Easter!!!
    One more thing, did you eat a lot of chocolate this Easter?

2. Thank you, Robbie; it didn’t quite turn out as I wanted, but I’m still happy with the painting. As for the chocolate, we don’t really buy chocolate for ourselves in my family, although that’s mostly because our children are grown up, but I was very luck to get some from some of my amazing students.

3. Wow, that’s cool, I would like to have chocolate to from other people besides my grandparents and my parents. Would be cool if we could bring chocolate at school. And by the way, I don’t really like chocolate, I only like white chocolate. But I would be amazed seeing someone make that water paint picture with only 2 colors!
    Bye Robby Online

4. I agree with Robby – the painting is astonishing! My best attempt at drawing a portrait would either be a stick person, or look like a blob. It captures the light perfectly and emphasises the smaller details. Great job!!

I didn’t get any chocolate either so Sheida brought some to school and gave it to me – luv my friends heaps!

Demi!